Noah

Noah
Noah

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mira Flex Baby Glasses

I've had some questions regarding Noah's Mira Flex glasses and how to get them to stay on so I took some pictures to help you!

Noah loves his glasses!

First, I sewed a portion of the strap in the back to make it tighter on his head.  If we would have gone with a smaller size frame, I think the glasses would be too small.  So we went with a size larger that he will grow into so we had to make some adjustments! 

My wonderful sewing job - simple so it can easily be removed

***Be sure to sew on the side you dont' adjust!!!
Sewing the strap did help a little however they still moved around his face a lot.  So I took Noah and his glasses back to the Optometrist and he heated the sides of the frames (since they are rubber) and squeezed them in to make them tighter and now they barely move on his face!  I didn't know they could do this, but I'm glad they did!
I can see!!

That being said, if he is in his car seat, booster seat or on his back they will move.  Most of the time after a car trip they are down around his neck or he's sucking on them.  That's ok.  All other times they stay put.  They don't seem to bother him at all either however if he finds them he will grab them and suck on them so we do clean them often!  Our optometrist said to clean them only under water using Dawn because that will prevent them from fogging up.  It does seem to help although sometimes I'm lazy and just use a wipe!

I can't tell you how much Noah's development has seemed to improve since he got his glasses!  He now looks at himself in the mirror, which he never did before.  He will roll for toys, grab toys, keep eye contact, etc.  You can tell he is taking things in when he looks around when before it seemed he had no clue what was going on around him.  I'm glad I pushed to get him in early to see the Optometrist!

4 comments:

  1. So good to hear his glasses are helping him so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah looks like a little professor to me in his glasses. I'm glad that they are working and that Noah can see so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely adorable! I must say, I give you a lot of credit. It is hard work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was doing some Googling after finding out today that our daughter with Ds (9 months old) needs glasses. We ordered the Mira Flex too. Thanks for the pointers!

    ReplyDelete